Friday, March 9, 2012

Heidi Krueger CAPS #4 Long-term refugees


Long-term Refugees
Long-term refugees are people who are forced to relocate permanently because of war, famine, and oppression. (Martin & Nakayama 2010)

Most of the long-term refugees are from developing countries.  They often flee because of other developing countries and war.  Often it is because of conflicts or other issues.  Other times it can be because of different diseases and problems involving the health of the people.  They set up long-term refugee camps to help the problems. This link below is a great story about long-term refugee camps.
I got the opportunity to learn a lot about long-term refugees.  I didn’t know too much about them when I started but now I do.  I never realized that they left because of other developing countries.
Martin, J. N., & Nakayama T. K. (2010). Intercultural Communication New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Higher

No comments:

Post a Comment