Wednesday, January 11, 2012

About Katie Hottovy

Hello! My name is Katie Hottovy and I am Junior graphic design major/communication & art history minor.  I was born in Overland Park, Kansas but moved to Lincoln, Nebraska shortly after so although I was born a Jayhawk I've been a Husker for the majority of my life.  As far as the online learning environment goes I've had several online classes and feel that they work great with my schedule since I'm often working and doing an internship!

I choose intercultural communication because I have interested in learning more about cultures and how the communicate.  I'm currently taking a popular culture communication's class this semester as well, so I will be fully immersed with culture and communication this semester.

My hobbies and interest are vast, I tend to be one of those people that's never bored because they involve themselves in a lot (too much half the time).   My passion in life is graphic design and web design.  My second passion, if not equal, is my famiy and spending time with them.  I also spend time working for a music production company so I love music and going to concerts. While, most students in college learn to cook using the microwave I forced myself to learn to cook so now I love it and do it as much as I can.  I also enjoy going to the gym, blogging or updating my website www.katiehottovydesign.com, freelancing, reading, taking photographs...and the list could go on!



My dog Emmy!




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the class Katie! I think your experience with graphic design will really come in handy with the class projects. We are going to create a couple of videos as well as interactive blogs.

    I too share a passion for cooking though my roommate is far better at it than I, but I do make for a great sou chef:-) I've gotta thank Rachel Ray and her 30-minute meals for moving me past the microwave and onto garlic, fresh herbs,and saute pans. We're now trying to tackle French cooking, which has stepped up the game considerably. Oh and I love your photographs, definitely think about how you can integrate these into the course assignments especially the cultural identity video.

    ReplyDelete