Thursday, January 12, 2012

About Lauren Bayne

Hi! My name is Lauren and I am a freshman International Studies major, focusing on the French language and Europe. I'm from here in Lincoln, and hope to travel around the world as part of my career.


This is my first online course, which is a little nerve-wracking, so hopefully everything will go well. I wanted to take this course because this will be very useful in my major and will help me learn how to communicate effectively with individuals from other cultures.

One thing that got me interested in other cultures was a conference that I attended this past summer for young women around the world. It was an amazing experience that taught me about the girls' cultures, and I got some new friends out of it. :)


I also have quite a few hobbies. I like to bake, read, watch movies, ski, bike, and one very nerdy thing- knit.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lauren,

    It's my first online course of this type as well. It will be exciting to collaborate with everyone and post, then comment, on various blogs. I think I'd have to disagree with you about knitting being nerdy, I find my wife's knitted blanket to be the best insulator in the world.

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete