Thursday, January 12, 2012

About Mr. Gross

Greetings fellow classmates,

My name is Geoffrey Gross, although Geoff is preferred.  I am currently finishing my final semester with a major in Biological Systems Engineering and minor in Biomedical Engineering. The reason for my pursuit of such a mouth-full major is simple, I enjoy math, science, and medicine. It is my hope to become a professional Biomedical Engineer working closely with medical professionals to solve problems associated neurological disabilities.



On a more personal level, I have recently married Mrs. Gross--believe me, convincing her to take my last name was not an easy task. The two of us are happily living the married life with our little girl.






Equally comparable to my passion for my family is my love of food. My comical fascination with stuffing my belly full of new foods probably began in Brazil, where I spent five years of my childhood. Summer of 2008, the summer before starting college, I was able to make a three month visit to the place I grew up. Sadly, my memories are filled with the various plates sampled instead of the many places visited. Two of my favorite dishes are shown to the right. The top picture is a pizza with dough, melted chocolate, and rice puffs. The bottom is a grilled 'X-Tudo' where they take freshly baked bread and stuff it with sandwich fillings before flattening it on grill.




Someday I would like to return to Brazil and live a nice retirement visiting the neighbors, eating some churrasco, and taking naps on river rocks. Until then, I will learn a little about how cultures communicate.





Best of luck to the rest,

Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment