Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome to Comm 211x

Greetings! My name is Sara Baker and I am your instructor for Comm 211x.


I have either been interested in the study of communication or working in comm jobs for practically my adult life. 


I got my B.A. in Communication Studies from Virginia Tech. 
GO HOKIES!


And my M.A. in Comm from San Diego State University















I have been teaching intercultural communication courses for the past few years beginning at San Diego State and continuing on at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I am thrilled to be participating in this online classroom and I hope that I can be of assistance to each of you as we explore the impact of culture and communication in our everyday lives and the world around us. 


I would like to welcome you to our class blog. You will post your CAPS (Communication Application Papers) blogs to this forum. This web site, Blogger.com, will serve as the site for our overall class discussions and will also be the site where you post your individual cultural reporter blogs. You will need to subscribe to this blog (comm211xspring2012.blogger.com) and also set up your own blog for the Cultural Reporter project (yourfirstnamelastnameculturalreporterblogspring2012.blogger.com). For additional information on both of these assignments please see the syllabus and also the assignment descriptions posted on our class Blackboard page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment