Friday, January 13, 2012

Michael Filipowski - About Me


Michael Filipowski


Hello fellow peers, 
My name is Michael Filipowski, Mike preferably, and I am a 19 year old Junior majoring in Criminal Justice. Currently my parents reside in Baltimore, Maryland. My father is in the Navy and have moved around the country as well as the world in the past 19 years.  

Me and my father at the Husker Tunnel Walk during the Veteran Memorial Service on field before the game. 

In terms with online learning this is my first internet class. So my experience with this classroom layout and learning style is brand new to me. But within this new classroom and being enrolled in Intercultural Communications I hope to learn and become more familiar with the way other cultures act and how they deal with certain situations. I feel as if this course will help me in the future with my career in the FBI field while dealing with others. This course caught my eye originally because while being a Navy brat I had the opportunity to live in Japan for 6.5 years as a kid from the ages of 6 to 12.5. Being in that culture for so long as a kid and coming back to America was a complete shock for me in terms of how each culture acts and handles situational needs and problems. 

The military base I lived on while I lived in Japan, it was in a town called Ikego. 

My hobbies range from various different things. Mainly, I love playing the drums, rally car racing and tinkering with cars. Other than that I socialize a lot and tend to have an open opinion about anything. 


Me taking Travis Pastrana's #199 rally car out for a drive. Many don't look at this as a sport, but it takes much practice and strength to whip one of these cars around a corner and come out safely.

Me playing my old beat up acoustic drumset, I have now upgraded to a fully electric one.


No comments:

Post a Comment