Friday, January 13, 2012

Cole Frederick

Hey my name is Cole Frederick and I am a 19 year-old sophomore Chemical engineering/ Pre-medicine major here at UNL aspiring to be a Neurologist.  I'm originally from Lincoln, NE and have lived here my whole life. My experience with online learning is basically none at all, so this is very new to me. Anyone's assistance in the early going would be much appreciated. I'm pretty technologically good so hopefully there won't be any problems. I think the switch from going to class and hearing the due dates of assignments to having to manage myself in an online environment could be challenging at first.

                                                     My brother and I at Disney World.

Well to be honest I'm taking intercultural communications for the ACE credit but I am interested in different cultures and the way that they communicate. I took 4 years of Spanish in high school and grew an interest in the culture of the hispanic community, so I think some of that knowledge may carry over into this course. I hope to learn a lot about other cultures in this class. I'm so accustomed to the ways and life in this small town of Lincoln, NE that it is hard to even have an understanding of different cultures halfway across the world. My hope is that I have a much greater grasp of both my culture and other cultures at the end of this class.

My first bike ride to Beatrice

I'm a pretty easy going person who cares a lot about my education but I also love to have fun. I love my family and have some of the greatest friends there is. I love to exercise and stay fit. I love sports. I'm a huge Miami Heat basketball fan and Minnesota Viking football fan. Spending time with friends and family is another one of my many hobbies. Other than that, I'm just your average college student trying to survive this college experience!

High school baseball



No comments:

Post a Comment