Friday, January 13, 2012

Hello from Lindy Rauscher!

Hi!  I am Lindy Rauscher and I am a senior Environmental Restoration Science major.  I am 22 and from Lincoln, NE.  I plan on graduating in May and hope to go on to law school to study environmental law.  I have taken around 4 classes structured as online learning, but this is the first communications class I have taken online.  I have found that online classes can be more challenging strictly because they require more self-motivation to keep up with the material.  This means that I sometimes learn better because I don't have a lecturer feeding me the information.

I just returned from a semester abroad in Scotland, where I experienced new cultures and made great memories!  It was a semester full of learning to appreciate and participate in other cultures.  I hope to learn how to better approach similar situations through this class.  I would like to continue to have experiences abroad, so learning how to better communicate between cultures will help make those future experiences more valuable.  Studying abroad also helped me understand how critical a multicultural perspective on any topic is to building successful relationships, personally and professionaly.


My professional interests are in environmental activism and justice, hence the law school ambitions.  In my free time and throughout school I have been involved in music, theatre, and environmental action groups.  I love reading, animals, and spending time with my family.  International travel is my newest interest and I hope to do a lot more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment